Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dean Cline Band

You know that rock star I mentioned in my last post? He's my uncle and while I don't get to see his band play as much as I'd like, whenever I do, I'm so proud that he is my uncle and that I'm related to one hell of a cool guy. If you were at my wedding, you might remember him. He played guitar during the ceremony.

My sister and I went to see him play last night at my cousin's bar in New Castle. I had spent a whole day with family (on my mom's side) and it was great to spend a whole evening with them too (on my dad's side).

Here are some pictures from last night:

Here he is! If you can't already tell just by looking at him,
he's my dad's youngest brother.

Me and my aunt Lesa (my dad's sister).

Jess and me.

Like I said, it was great to spend time with family, but whenever I'm around family I think I miss my mom a little more just because I am around people that knew her and loved her so much. So thanks to my cousin Amber (I'm pretty sure she requested this), Dean and his band played "Brown Eyed Girl." A little back story on this--"Brown Eyed Girl" was my mom's song. And if you were at my wedding reception then you remember that we played this in memory of her and everyone that knew my mom came and danced with me. It truly is one of my most favorite memories from my wedding day. So here he is singing her song (I apologize for the poor quality at first...it's hard to video and dance at the same time...but it gets better):





And here's a little bit of a classic bar favorite:




They will be at Joe's Grill on 96th street on October 10th. Come check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment