Friday, February 18, 2011

Just call me Martha.

Stewart, that is. Well, on second thought, don't call me that. Think of someone that has crafting fever but is younger and hipper and hasn't been to jail. Call me by that person's name.

It all started a little while ago when I saw a yarn wreath project on a blog I read. Don't know what a yarn wreath is? Google it. They seem to be all the rage on craft blogs these days.

I thought it was absolutely precious and knew instantly that I wanted needed one of these hanging on a wall in the Leavell house. So my sister, Lawson, and I made a quick trip to the craft store (Jo-Ann's...my homegirl) that very night I discovered the wonder of the yarn wreath and got the necessary supplies, which included a styrofoam wreath form, yarn, and felt.

One evening I started wrapping my wreath form with yarn (which can and will take you 4 hours total if you are a perfectionist like me and every line of yarn had to be perfect...and if you have an almost three-month-old baby that likes to snuggle and not let Mommy have craft time). A few days (and nap times) later, my wreath was wrapped and donning incredibly cute felt flowers and leaves and now lives in our bathroom. I know, the bathroom might seem like a weird place to put it but I made it in very neutral colors so I knew that I wanted it to be somewhere that had some color and our bathroom walls are orange sooooo that seemed like the obvious place. Wanna see it? It's just so cute!

The great thing about it is that I used pins to put the flowers on so if I ever want to change it up, I can. But I like the neutrals for now.

Or if I want another style it will just give me an excuse to make another one, which I'm itching to do.

Speaking of itching, that little yarn wreath certainly gave me the crafting bug. After I finished my little bathroom gem, I was craving more yarn and felt and project ideas so I scoured the Internet for craft blogs and ideas, found some I loved, strapped the little man in his car seat and made off like a mad woman to the craft store (Michael's this time...my homeboy).

I grabbed a bunch of supplies, including a pile of felt. Um, felt is the coolest, in case you didn't know. Seriously. I have a whole pile:

I have a myriad of projects I'm currently working on and Justin is tripping over in the living room floor. They are all projects for my little peanut's room, which is still not finished but needs to be soon since he will be moving in there in a about a month. But let's not talk about that since it makes me hyperventilate.

If you need me, I'll be drooling over my pile of felt in the living room. That, or I'll be throwing myself face first in the carpet and bawling my eyes out because Lawson is officially in 3-6 month clothes. Slow down, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment