Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feeling At Home

Our first full day with Maggie was, well, typical. Since I've known this cat for almost eleven years, there is not much she can do that would surprise me. For example, I remembered this morning that Maggie has no concept of the weekend as she came into our room at 5:30 a.m. meowing as loud as she could as if to say, "OK, I get it that I live here now, but don't forget that I eat breakfast on a strict schedule." Still wanting Justin to fall in love with her, I jumped out of bed as fast as I could to get her out of our room before she woke him up. Thank goodness she got a full belly and went right back to sleep. She has found a couple of spots under our bed where she likes to snooze. I think she likes it under there because it is dark, cool, and strangely quiet. I have thought ever since we moved in here that our bedroom must be in a whole other building because you can walk from the main area of the apartment into the bedroom and feel like you just entered a tranquil paradise because it seems so quiet. Anyway, Maggie also got a sense of her surroundings this morning. We opened our patio door and bedroom windows to let some air in, and normally she loves to lay in front of any screen where outside air is coming in, but she kept hearing people in neighboring apartments and would growl as low and long as she could and run underneath the bed. Ten minutes later she would come out and try looking out the window again, only to be spooked and return to her haven. I'm sure this new place will just take some getting used to for her. Other than those adventures, she has spent the day sleeping, exploring the apartment, enjoying some baked chicken that we had for dinner, and now she is snoring away in front of me on the computer desk. Enjoy the photos of her getting used to her new home:

Do you think this is her way of saying that she'll help out with the laundry next Sunday?

Helping me blog.

Showing off her belly. She only does this when she is really comfortable so hopefully that means that she really likes it here!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn I am loving this. I just read the whole dang thing! You are a wonderful writer, and the Tyler Perry comment, gah I love you!

    ReplyDelete