Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello, my name is...


This is my name tag from last week when I attended a computer workshop for school. The better part of last week was reminiscent of a regular school week and I didn't like it at all. I attended computer workshops for school on Tuesday and Thursday which not only found me getting out of bed way earlier than most days this summer, but also left me feeling completely stressed and overwhelmed about the fact that school starts two weeks from this Thursday and I haven't done nearly enough. Justin looked at me the other day and said, "Regret not doing more for school this summer?" Yes, I do.

Wednesday was way too similar to a regular school day in that my alarm went off at the exact time it does for school to meet some of my yearbook staff members to attend an extremely productive yearbook workshop at Fishers High School. It feels good to go into the new school year with a very structured plan for the entire book.

To take away a little stress, I went to a Chicago Cubs game yesterday with some friends from school and a friend of a friend from school. It was a blast and nice way to kind of cap off the summer since I feel it is coming to an end way too soon. I'll try to post some pictures soon. I must also add that going to this game caused some stress in my marriage. Let's just say that when a wife goes to Wrigley when her baseball-obsessed husband hasn't been...that's not good. But I don't think he's too mad at me anymore and I am trying to make it up to him by planning a really cool first anniversary gift.

Now I am currently at my Alma mater, Ball State, being the best resident assistant I can be at the Ball State University Journalism Workshops. Not exactly the place I want to be with only two and half weeks more of freedom, but it pays well and lets me connect with several journalism teachers that I have already received incredible ideas from.

Time to put off doing something productive and look up spoilers for tomorrow's finale of The Bachelorette.

No comments:

Post a Comment