Monday, July 5, 2010

Back in Action

I guess I've been enjoying summer break so much that I've neglected some "real world" things like email, blogging, and you know, those other things that don't involve soaking up every ounce of break as possible. So far my break has involved a lot of relaxing, closing on our house (more on that in a separate post), a very successful Relay for Life, a fun weekend trip with girlfriends to see a great friend's wedding, lots of cheerleading practice and one hot week at cheer camp, and of course spending time Justin, and growing a little baby. Sorry if I missed something monumental. The baby steals my brain these days.

Disclaimer to those of you that are currently rolling your eyes because you don't get a summer break: I love summer break. And I don't apologize or feel sorry for having one. That's all.

But with fireworks on July 4th comes anxiety. An anxious feeling that I have five more weeks of summer vacation. And gosh do I love summer vacation. I get stressed about the end of summer break kind of like how I get anxious the day after Thanksgiving about how Christmas is almost over. Anyone else weird like that?

Now it's time for me to break out of my fantasy world of no schedule and start to get back to reality. I have a lot of preparing to do for school in general and also need to get started on some maternity leave plans. I'll be gone during the last month of first semester and the first month of second semester and those are probably the worst times to be gone. But I'll make it work. I know that I'll have a little anxiety about it now but once it is time for the baby to come I won't focus on much else besides getting little Leavell safely into this world.

Speaking of my little son or daughter, (to tease those of you who wish we would find out what it is...our big ultrasound is on Thursday and we still aren't finding out...muhahaha) I have some weekly posts saved up about my pregnancy. When those are posted, I'll let you know. I know many people out there in America will be on the edges of their seats in the meantime.

Well, since I'm not good at writing these random, non-themed posts, I'm going to go and work on some focused ones where at least I think I'm a little witty. And if I'm not, keep that to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment