Monday, January 4, 2010

Mission Organization

With a new year usually comes a time when I freak out and realize that I'm not exactly as organized as I'd like to be. I know, you are shocked. I think I seem put together on the outside but there are some aspects of my life that could use a lot more organization. I was reminded of that this evening when I had a small panic attack when I couldn't find our marriage license. Did I need our marriage license for any specific purpose? No. For some reason it just came to mind that if someone came up to me right now and asked me to present our official marriage license that I would have no idea where to look. Well, I wouldn't have known about 20 minutes ago. But I know now.

So I decided to tackle some piles of stuff in our guest room that have been growing lately. I started sorting through a lot of it and not only found papers (like the marriage license) that need a proper home in a file folder but found several office supplies that we aren't using. Me not use the wonderful, shiny, new office supplies? Crazy. I have a small obsession with all things that live in Staples, and I've been known to go in there for a mechanical pencil and come out with $50 worth of items.

Tomorrow marks my last day of winter break freedom and the first day that I start getting more organized around the house. Tomorrow you can find me curled up with a big stack of unorganized papers, new file folders, and the label maker!

1 comment:

  1. it's not the amount of money you can spend at staples. it is the short length of time it takes you to spend that amount of money. talent, i tell you!

    ReplyDelete