Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are you bakin' one?

I guess that is the appropriate way for a freshman in high school to ask you if you are pregnant. Nice, huh?

I've been getting asked a lot if I'm pregnant or when Justin and I plan on having a baby and I'm just so conflicted on how to answer. We still aren't telling people until after our May 6th appointment, but I also feel that if I say no when someone asks me if I'm pregnant then I'm jinxing the baby and something bad will happen. But I could also just be a little crazy.

So here are some sample questions and my usual responses:

Person: "Are you pregnant yet?" (This usually comes from a student or a cheerleader. The cheerleaders would have had me pregnant the second we got back from our honeymoon if it was up to them.)
Me: (cheerfully and breezy) "You never know! I guess I could be!"

Now I know how weird that must sound. I obviously know if I'm pregnant or not. But this just gets them to smile and say that they hope I am and that they want to babysit.

Person: "When are you and Justin planning to have children?"

Me: "We wouldn't be opposed if it was soon."


Well, gosh. I hope we aren't opposed because it's coming!

Other questions and answers are similar. I don't want to deny the little one that I'm currently "baking" but we aren't quite ready to give away the big news yet.

As for how I'm feeling, I've been feeling great the past couple of weeks. I feel awesome and while I should be thankful, it also makes me a little worried. As bad as those cramps were and as uncomfortable as that back pain was, I liked the little reassurance that something was going in there everyday. I haven't felt particularly pregnant lately. I do get nauseous every now and then and it usually involves a food that I have put in my mouth that has a weird texture to me. But other than that, I feel pretty good. For now, I'll try to be more thankful than worried.

We did have our first doctor's appointment a couple of Fridays ago and that went well. So our lentil bean that grew to be the size of a blueberry and is now the size of a kidney bean in this 8th week seems to be doing great! And mommy and daddy are anxiously trying to get a house for our little family to grow in! We really couldn't be happier right now :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment