Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Second time's a charm???

Here is the update on the house hunting.

We put in an offer last week on the house that we thought would be perfect. Well, the seller didn't think our offers were too perfect after going back and forth with him a little bit. So when he wouldn't budge, we walked.

The walk was hard. I was pretty let-down and emotional about it all. For a little bit I thought we had a chance at buying Buckingham Palace and were denied. But I pulled myself together. Luckily I have an awesome husband that is very reassuring and gives incredible hugs. And I have a dad that has an overwhelming ability to always make me believe that everything happens for a reason.

And everything does.

Justin and I looked at several houses yesterday. Eight? Nine? I don't know. After awhile they all started to run together. The first two we looked at were great and no others really compared to those. We hit a little bump in the road after realizing that Justin liked house #1 better and I liked house #2 better, so we really weighed our options last night. Our real estate agent contacted the seller for house #2 (because it was priced higher) to see how willing he was to negotiate and it turns out that he was willing to accept the amount we were thinking. So we put an offer in today! Hopefully he wasn't bluffing last night and everything truly does work out because we really love this house.

And it's funny about that "everything happening for a reason" thing. The house that we are constantly crossing our fingers about now is actually better than the house we were wishing for last week. In hindsight, I'm glad that the first one didn't work out.

No one ever said that the train to Grownuphood would be a smooth ride, but we are learning that getting through the rough parts of the trip together really isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment