Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Morning" Sickness

OK, I shouldn't complain that much. I know that some women have it much harder than I have. But I swear this baby has it out for me sometimes!

The only reason that I took a pregnancy test in the first place (a week ago today!) is the unexplainable cramps I had been having. So once I had a reason for those cramps, I guess little Leavell decided it was time to really let me have it. I have had some cramping on and off ever since then. (Now before you worry...because trust me, I did...apparently it is totally normal and nothing to worry about in early pregnancy since your uterus is making room for the baby...I've read about it...A LOT.) The first few days weren't bad...and then Friday came. I drove to Fort Wayne and had a few times where I felt uncomfortable, but around 5:30 that evening I started to get really hot, started cramping, and felt the lovely feeling of morning, um, evening sickness. I started to get really blotchy and started to break out in hives so I locked myself in the bathroom (my dad wasn't aware he was going to be a grandpa at this point so I didn't want him to see me like that). After about 15 to 20 minutes, I started to cool down and feel much better. I was happy that, though I was nauseous, I never threw up so I considered that an accomplishment.

I woke up on Saturday and felt pretty good. But sure enough, evening time rolled around and so did my 20ish minutes of feeling sick. I felt the same as the night before so I thought that my morning sickness was just going to come in the evenings.

Until church the next morning. We were sitting in church on Easter Sunday when I started to get really bad pains and cramping in my back (a fun new symptom but, again, supposedly completely normal) and started to feel sick. But, not wanting to make a scene, I braved through it right there in the pew and felt better after a little while.

Now realizing that I could realistically feel sick at any time, I was a little nervous for school. And with good reason. During third block yesterday, with a classroom full of 30 freshmen, I broke out in hives and started sweating and knew that I couldn't stay in there. I went across the hall to my department chair's classroom and asked her if she had any Tylenol (I hadn't taken any since I found out I was pregnant) and she didn't so she watched my class for a little bit while I ran down to the nurse to take a couple to at least get through the day.

Overall I haven't felt 100% on any day. The pain and cramping in my back have been pretty uncomfortable, but I know that all of this will be worth it in about nine months! In the mean time, little one, take it easy on your mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment