Thursday, April 1, 2010

Education Overload

Did that just come from a teacher? Yes.

I've known I'm pregnant for a little over 48 hours now and I'm very overwhelmed with the amount of information out there. I'm Googled what seems like a hundred different things, exhausted the BabyCenter.com message boards, started reading What to Expect When You're Expecting as well as Dr. Oz's book, You: Having a Baby. And it's a lot to take in.

For one, all of the resources out there are informative. However, they can stress you out. For instance, I've been having a lot of cramps lately (which is what made me take the first pregnancy test to begin with) and I've spent a lot of time looking up to see if this is normal. From what I can read, cramps in early pregnancy can be completely normal because it means your uterus is growing and making room for the baby, which is just the size of sesame seed at the moment. So while I've been reassured that the cramps can be normal, I can't help but be nervous that something is wrong. Ashley told me today that I can't go around being stressed and always worrying because you have to have a positive attitude and I'm really trying to keep those wise words in mind.

In other sesame seed related news, Justin is now determined for us to be healthier. I agree, of course. Let's face it, we aren't the best eaters in the world. We made out a grocery list yesterday and went to two different stores to get some healthy options. We got a lot of fruits and vegetables (more than our refrigerator has ever seen!) and chose very healthy options for dinners including more salad, more vegetables, and lots of chicken. I also got some healthy snacks for me (not one cookie made it into our cart) as well as some healthy drink options. Goodbye, diet coke. I'm going to miss you.

Jess and I are heading to Fort Wayne tomorrow to visit my dad and Lea for the weekend. While I realize it's still early and we haven't even had a doctor's appointment yet, I'm going to tell him about the pregnancy. We have always been such an open and supportive family that I wouldn't have it any other way. I found a bib at Target today that says "I love grandpa" so I put it in a gift bag and I'll just let that do the talking. I'm really excited to see his reaction.

Well, either it's in my head or it's a sign of the pregnancy, but I'm exhausted. Time for me and the seed to hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment