Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Telling Grandpa

Jess and I went to visit my dad and his fiance Lea this past weekend. I put the cute "I love grandpa" bib that I found at Target in a bag with some tissue paper and was ready to break the news! We were there for a couple of hours and I was really looking for the perfect moment to let the cat out of the bag. After a bout of sickness (see related post about how I've been feeling with this little one) Jess decided that I'd better tell him soon or they may start wondering why I'm feeling so bad.

So I went to where he was sitting and told him that I got him a little present. He opened it up and happy tears immediately started flowing for the both of us! I have always pictured the moment when I tell my parents that they are going to be grandparents and it lived up to my expectation. I feel that this baby will bring a lot of happiness to our family and I know he has looked forward to being a grandparent for some time now. Needless to say, he is very excited and I cannot wait to see my dad hold my baby in his arms for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment